This Cajun Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops Recipe is so creamy and delicious. It goes great over rice or potatoes. We added the “Cajun Holy Trinity” to this Instant Pot recipe to give it some extra flavor. This easy pork chop recipe does not require any marinade and you still end up with flavorful fork tender meat!
We use the 8 qt. Instant Pot to prepare all our meals.
We also use a digital cooking thermometer like this. If you have any questions about what temperature something should be cooked at or reheated at you can check out FoodSafety.gov. That’s what we use.
Also, quick side note…. the black eye peas you see pictured below are our Instant Pot Black Eye Peas we made and froze individual portions!!
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read my affiliate disclaimer here.
Please Note – The Printable Recipe Card Is At The Bottom Of The Post.
Save This Cajun Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops Recipe To Your Pinterest Board!
Other Quick and Easy Instant Pot Recipes
- 46 Simple Beginner Instant Pot Recipes
- No Drain Instant Pot Mashed Potatoes
- Dump and Start Instant Pot 3 Packet Chicken
- Instant Pot Shrimp Fajitas Recipe
- Dump and Start Instant Pot Black Eyed Peas and Ham
- Easy Instant Pot Lasagna Bow Tie Pasta Recipe
- Dump and Start Instant Pot Beef Vegetable Soup
- Instant Pot Ground Beef Stroganoff
- Instant Pot Shrimp Scampi with Pasta
- Dump and Start Instant Pot Turkey Breast
- Easy Instant Pot Corn on the Cob
- Juicy Instant Pot Chicken Breasts and Gravy
- Dump and Go Instant Pot Green Bean Casserole
- Instant Pot Cajun Rice Dressing
- Instant Pot Hamburger Helper with Fried Onion Topping
- Dump and Start Instant Pot Mexican Rice
- Instant Pot Mississippi Chicken
- How To Make Instant Pot Rice
- Easy Instant Pot Salisbury Steak and Gravy
More From The Peculiar Green Rose
- 13 Cute and Free New Year Decorations To Print Out!
- Best Free Initial Wall Printables (A – Z)
- Free Letter Wall Decor Printable
- 177 Free Printable Snowflake Templates & Coloring Pages
- 8 Free Halloween Printables
- 14 Thanksgiving Decorations You Can Print Out
- 8 Free Halloween Printables
- 9 Free Printable Notes Page Templates
- Free Initial Binder Covers
- Free Cute 2020 Printable Calendar (+ Free Planner Printables)
- 13 Free Printable Cactus Binder Covers
- Positive Thought At The End Of The Day
- 47 Free Printable To Do Lists
- 41 Free Printable Binder Covers
- How to Make Binder Covers Using PicMonkey
- How To Travel Around The World For Free!
- How to “Make or Save” Money with Ibotta
- Meal Planning
- How To Start A Blog
- 18 Ways to Make Extra Money
- 8 Genius Ways You Can Save Time and Money Every Week
What is the Cajun Holy Trinity?
In Louisiana we chop up onions, bell peppers, and celery. We call this mixture of all three the Cajun Holy Trinity. We use this mixture as the starting base for most of our cajun dishes in this area. I have added this “Cajun Holy Trinity” mixture to this Instant Pot Pork Chops with Sour Cream recipe to give it a Cajun twist!
You can chop up your onions, bell peppers, and celery mixture , “Cajun Holy Trinity”, and keep them in individual packs in the freezer to add to any of your other Instant Pot meals for extra flavor.
Ingredients – Cajun Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops
- 2 lbs. Pork Chops
- 2 tbsp. of your favorite Cajun/Creole Seasoning (We like Tony Chachere’s)
- 1 cup “holy trinity” onion, bell pepper, & celery chopped up
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ½ cup sour cream
- Slurry (1 tbsp cornstarch and 1 tbsp water)
Instructions – Cajun Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops
#1. First, place your pork chops and seasoning in your Instant Pot. Brown both sides of pork chops. I don’t use any oil when browning my pork chops in an Instant Pot.
#2. Next, pile your pork chops up on one side of the pot and add in your butter and “Cajun Holy Trinity”. That is your onions, bell peppers, and celery. Now you brown your “Cajun Holy Trinity” scraping all the brown bits off the bottom of your pot. Cook your onion, bell peppers, and celery down until they are a clear brownish color.
#3. Then add your beef broth and Worcestershire sauce. Again, scrape the bottom of your Instant Pot to make sure you have scraped all the burnt pieces from the bottom of the pot.
#4. Next, close the lid and turn the steam release valve to the “sealing” position.
#5. Then press the “Pressure Cook” button. Next, press the “Pressure Level” button until you have selected “High Pressure”.
#6. Turn the timer on for 30 minutes if you have 2 lbs. of pork chops. Once the pressure builds up, the timer will start counting down.
#7. Once the timer has completed let it do a natural release of pressure. Which means do not open the venting valve. It will naturally release the pressure on its own in about 20-30 minutes.
#8. After all of the pressure has released open your Instant Pot and pile your pork chops to one side or place then on a plate and cover to keep warm. Turn your Instant Pot on “Saute”. Mix your 1 tbsp of cornstarch with 1 tbsp. of water together to make a slurry. Then stir it into your Instant Pot to thicken your gravy for about a minute or two.
#9. Next turn your Instant Pot off and let your gravy cool down for a few minutes. Then mix in your sour cream and serve!
Thanks so much for visiting The Peculiar Green Rose today! I hope you enjoy your Cajun Instant Pot Sour Cream Pork Chops! While you are here don’t forget to grab your free calendar, daily planner, to do list, grocery list, and meal plan printable. Scroll to the bottom of this page and you will see a spot where you can subscribe to our newsletter, and as a thank you, they will be emailed to you within 5 minutes!