A Quick & Easy Prosciutto Spinach Frittata Recipe made with fresh eggs, spinach, salty prosciutto, tomato and parmesan cheese. This easy frittata is baked in one pan for fast cleanup. It’s a great breakfast, lunch or dinner option for the week!
If you’re looking for more frittata recipes then you’ve got to try my Cheesy Bacon Spinach Frittata or my Roasted Tomato Caprese Frittata.
Spinach Frittata Recipe
If you’re looking for the perfect easy breakfast option for the week, frittata recipes are where it’s at! They are essentially an open faced omelette filled with any and everything that suits your fancy!
There are a few tricks to getting the perfect frittata, but the main one is long slow heat which is why most frittatas are started on the stove and finished in the oven. The lower the heat the better your egg texture will be. Eggs thrive off of low heat, it helps them retain their moisture. So, if you’re going to remember anything. Remember, low and slow!
Ingredients you’ll need for this Spinach Frittata:
- Prosciutto – Adding prosciutto adds a nice saltiness to your frittata, it’s basically like Italian Ham.
- Cherry Tomatoes – For a pop of color and sweetness to compliment the salt from the prosciutto and parmesan
- Garlic – everything tastes better with garlic
- Spinach – added nutrients
- Parmesan Cheese – cheese just makes everything better
- Eggs – eggs are a must in a frittata
- Milk – the milk helps the eggs go further and creates a nice smoothness to the eggs
What kind of pan do I need to make a frittata?
The best pan to use for a frittata is a pan or skillet that can go in the oven. Because frittatas start on the stove and finish cooking in the oven, above all else, an oven-safe skillet is key.
How to make a Frittata?
- Preheat oven to 350°F. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and thyme.
- Heat a medium size oven safe skillet to medium heat.
- Add oil to pan and whatever veggies or meat you want. Cook for 3-4 minutes. Pour egg mixture into skillet.
- Let egg mixture sit on a medium low burner for 4 minutes. (do not touch)
- After 4 minutes, transfer pan to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes or until the frittata has set. (the eggs don’t wiggle when you shake the pan)
- Garnish with parmesan cheese or whatever and serve!
How to store Frittata?
The best way to store frittata is to let it cool down to room temperature. Once cooled wrap it with plastic wrap and store in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
Can you reheat Frittata?
Yes! There are a two simple ways to reheat a frittata.
- In the Microwave: Wrap your frittata with damp paper towel and place in the microwave for 30 seconds.
- In the Oven: Place frittata in an oven safe dish, cover with tin foil. Reheat in a 350°F oven for 15-20 minutes or until it is warm.
I love how versatile frittatas can be. If I’m ever in a bind for dinner I know that if I have eggs I can whip up a tasty frittata, or in my house what we call “breakfast pizza” in no time.
I can’t wait to hear what you guys think of this one. It’s great for a ladies brunch, baby or bridal shower, weekend breakfast or even dinner! You’re going to love it! Bon Appetit friends!
What to serve with Frittata?
- Crazy Moist Lemon Poppyseed Gluten Free Muffins
- Smoked Salmon Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
- Easy Coconut Milk Thai Iced Coffee Recipe
- Ham & Cheese Mini Quiches
- Simple Gluten Free Granola
- The Perfect Sweet Cream Iced Coffee
- Blueberry Lemon Scones