Need a quick easy paleo dinner? This one-pot zucchini beef skillet is ready in 30 minutes and is the perfect way to use up that garden zucchini! It can be either eaten on its own or, if you’re not paleo, served over rice to stretch your portions.
As a busy working mom who cooks up at least 50 different recipes a month, we have to wash a lot of dishes in our house. In fact, I even brought an assistant on to help us keep up with the dishes (plus lots of other things because she’s awesome!).
So because of the state of our kitchen, whenever I am cooking specifically for our family, I want cooking to be as simple as possible without making a ton of dirty dishes.
This zucchini beef skillet is one of those throw together meals that is crazy easy to make. I used freeze dried onions and refrigerated chopped garlic in place of fresh, so all I had to chop was the zucchini and parsley from our garden.
We’ve decided we really like eating our zucchini beef skillet over rice to stretch the cost, and probably because I’m from Hawaii, so our rice pot is pretty much always full of rice.
Of course, if you don’t want to dirty a pot for rice, or need a paleo meal, the zucchini and beef is quite filling and flavorful all on its own.
Do you have a favorite one-pot dinner? We’d love to have you share your recipe or a link to it in the comments below. I always need more!
KITCHEN TOOLS AND INGREDIENTS
By clicking one of these links before making any purchase on Amazon, we get a small percentage of your purchase, without it costing you anything extra! Thanks for helping to support our family business.
ZUCCHINI BEEF SKILLET RECIPE
Yield: 4 servings
Zucchini Beef Skillet Recipe a One-Pot Paleo Dinner
We’ve always made this recipe with freeze dried or dehydrated onions and jarred garlic. The measurements for fresh are listed as well, just that it will increase your prep time. This makes 4 servings if eaten alone, 6 servings if over rice (though of course it will not be paleo over rice!) Recipe adapted with permission from food.com
- 1 lb lean ground beef, thawed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 TBS dehyrdrated minced onion or 1/4 cup freeze dried chopped onion (1⁄2 medium onion, chopped)
- 1 teaspoon jarred minced garlic (2 garlic cloves, chopped)
- 1 cup chunky salsa, we use medium Pace Salsa
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups medium fresh zucchini, sliced into half circles (3-4 )
- fresh cilantro, chopped
- Add the ground beef, salt, pepper, onion, and garlic to a large skillet on medium high heat.
- Stir while cooking for about 5-8 minutes, until the meat is browned.
- Stir in the salsa and cumin, reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Stir in the sliced zucchini. Cover and simmer an additional 5-10 minutes until the zucchini is just softened but not mushy.
- Sprinkle with chopped cilantro just before serving.
Amount Per Serving:
Calories: 198Saturated Fat: 2.55gCholesterol: 70.06mgSodium: 838.88mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2.46gSugar: 7.47gProtein: 25.82g